Friday, September 3, 2010

The world has turned

Well it’s certainly been awhile. Life has been so chaotic as of late I hardly know where to start. I’ll just highlight some of the major things:


1) Several gigs, including the Intersection

We played several gigs at the BOB, several at the Rocket Lounge, and one most amazing gig on the main stage at the Intersection. This was sweet, mostly because we were higher then everyone else on a legit stage, and the sound was really loud. The lights were almost unbearable though. There was a series of red and blue lights, and whenever the red lights would switch on, could immediately feel the sweat begin to bead up on my skin. I can’t even imagine out Doctor Bass felt, and Lord knows Trevor’s neck vein was making a prominent appearance. Overall though, I felt like a regular badass with my VIP backstage bracelet.

2) The new Demo

Due to the approach of the main stage intersection show (which was the largest show we’ve played to date) we decided that our demo needed sprucing. This included re-recording and recording material in a four day time span. It’s a five track demo, that we put together at Justin’s house, and he mixed it. I am amazed. We’re selling them for $5 dollars (and at the show we sold 10, which was cool). It looks pretty sharp. I give the boys props, those were some long days, culminating into one of the most stressful days of my life. The day of the show, we were still sitting there burning and printing cds, up until 7, we played at 9:30pm. It was a LONG day, but so worth it.

3) My 21st Birthday

We played a show on the 20th, and that was the night that I could begin my legal drinking career. So in a stroke of awesomeness, we played a great show, pausing at midnight to do a shot on stage while Trevor said some beautiful words to me in front of everyone. It was truly lovely.

4) Destinee and A.C.’s return

Destinee returned from Mackinac, and A.C. from Spain. It’s been great to have them back and experience the bar scene with them. A.C. has been playing open mics regularly these days, and save for a few hiccups it’s been wonderful watching and listening to her shine.

Well there you have it, the major highlights of the last month or so. It’s been crazy.

Things are different now that Destinee is back home. It’s still odd to have another person there

all the time. But what I’m really looking forward to is getting the house back on track, as far as the cleanliness goes. It’s really too much for me to do, and the boys suck at it. Honestly. Would it kill someone to unload the dishwasher or sweep the dining room? You might think so if you lived at my house. I tried cleaning it every day but try doing that and working full time hours, it’s tough. Then I tried reverse psychology, but then the house just got REALLY messy. So Dest and I are going to work some team effort thing out that might result in the chore wheel/chart that A.C. suggested. Can’t hurt to try I suppose.

There’s more to say but I’ve got other stuff that needs taking care of, so until next time. (Which should hopefully be sooner.)

Peace and Love

Cassidy

No comments:

Post a Comment